In today’s world of digital advancement, things have changed for the better. And when it comes to education and learning, there’s no debate about how the world of academics has risen to a whole new level of digitisation. Students these days no longer have to knock on the doors of their professors physically.
All it takes is a single click of the mouse and voila! You are instantly introduced to a multitude of research materials, references, samples and a plethora of topics to read and know about.
So much so, one can get in touch with essay help online and other academic experts to have their assignments customised for easy referencing. This makes technology the stepping stone that has taken the modern-day academic industry to a whole new stratum of success.
Here’s how it is changing the face of education.
1. Digital classrooms prove to be quite beneficial
Digital classroom refers to the scenario where students get to learn and interact with real-time tutors via digital communication. Contrary to the conventional modes of teaching, digital classrooms are said to be smarter in many ways.
Here’s everything you need to know.
- It helps in promoting better knowledge retention, as students get to participate more actively in lessons taught via augmented reality projector screens.
- As a result, it fosters creative thinking skills among students.
- Cloud platforms such as Google Drive, Microsoft Azure and the likes make it easier for teachers and students to manage and collaborate, irrespective of the location.
2. Social media is making its presence felt in education
Even though there are several controversies regarding the benefits of social media in the lives of students, here are a few facts that defy the scepticism in a good way.
- 96% of students with internet access have already embraced social media networking technologies.
- Not only students but principals and administrators are also being benefitted by social media.
- They get to share school/college news via social media announcements and hold meetings with parents via online modes of communication through social media.
- Students get to stay connected with their classmates via digital communities, brainstorm over classroom lessons, share ideas via regular updates on social media pages.
3. Video learning modules prove to be equally beneficial
Using video content in the classroom is said to amplify learning and allow students to find multiple interactive ways to access their course lessons. Here’s how it is changing the face of education in an unexpectedly beneficial manner.
- The how-to instructional videos available on the internet reinforce what students have already learned or learning in class.
- In addition to it, online educational videos are said to be quite refreshing for the students as they get to know about various topics in motion picture formats.
- This, as a result, kills boredom or monotony that one might develop within the confined walls of conventional classroom teaching.
- No wonder, 86% of young learners often refer to video apps and platforms such as YouTube to learn new things by themselves.
4. Smartphone devices are replacing blackboards
Earlier, students used to look at blackboards as their go-to screens to refer to what has been taught in class. Teachers would list out all key takeaways of the lesson on chalkboards, and students would take note of the same in their exercise books. While the convention is still the same across multiple schools and colleges, the introduction of Smartphone devices in classrooms has made things better and smarter.
- At a Notre Dame educational institute, it has been found that students majoring in Philosophy prefer to use their mobile phone devices to get the hang of certain lessons.
- Instead of going through overly complicated and dense textbook material, students are seen engaging with Philosophy writing via interactive digital essays on mobile devices.
- Several Californian educators have deployed Snapchat as a flashcard tool to help students of Ecology in identifying different species of bird.
- According to a recent survey, a whopping 94% of students wish to use cell phone devices in classrooms for academic purposes.
5. Online academic forums are a blessing in disguise
Thanks to technological advancements, online academic forums are turning out to be an amazingly helpful option for students looking for academic assistance beyond classrooms. The most beneficial aspect of online academic platforms is that they are cost-efficient. You need nothing but a stable internet connection, and you are good to go.
Let’s take a look at how digital academic forums are reshaping education.
- For instance, a student struggling with an intricate rhetorical analysis essay can simply avail online essay writing services to receive reference materials and samples.
- This helps him/her to know how to get started with a particular academic project without solely relying on the expertise of private tutors, class teachers or professors.
- Platforms such as Khan Academy, ResearchGate,Coursera and edX offer well-knit academic samples and other research materials for students to access on the go.
6. Artificial Intelligence is the cherry on the cake
How can we not talk about AI advancements when it comes to the role of technology in reshaping the future of education? The application of Artificial Intelligence in education is selling like hotcakes. It is said that the concept of one-to-one tutoring on an enormous scale has been possible due to the emergence of AI.
Here’s what you need to know.
- Artificial Intelligence tools such as Presentation Translator can make global classroom available to all by creating real-time subtitles as the educator speaks. This helps students speaking different languages in getting the hang of the lessons taught online.
- AI is being utilised to automate tasks on behalf of school and college administrators. As AI steps in, academic administrators find it easier to carry out effective enrolment and admission processes.
- AI-driven apps such as Third Space Learning, Brainly, and SmartED are already being fostered to customise textbook content, pair weak Math students with one-to-one math experts. Such apps are also said to connect students from all over the world to explore a plethora of questions and key concepts under the same roof.
To end with,
According to a report, about 63% of K-12 teachers use technology in the classrooms. Added to this, the use of technology in education among students is expected to increase by 47.5% by 2021. Thus, such promising stats and figures indicate that technology is unarguably the new oil streamlining all conventional challenges in education seamlessly. Considering the present scenario and the projected future of academics in the hands of technology, it seems that things will only improve for the better.
After all, technology has always been a weapon that has ushered in digital transformation across a myriad of industries. And education is definitely one of the notable domains that will be benefitted.
Clara Smith is a traveller and a digital blogger. Clara from North Carolina, she advocates 6 years of experience in helping businesses digitally. Currently, she is associated with myessayhelp.co.uk as a subject matter expert. Students trust her more than an essay typer due to her incredible play with words.